Top 10 apps physicians recommend to their patients
1. iTriage – Health, Doctor, Symptoms, and Healthcare Search: Patients now have access to an endless amount of health information right in their pockets. This app allows them to check their symptoms and easily locate a physician or hospital in the event of an emergency.
2. Diabetes App – Blood Sugar Control, Glucose Tracker, and Carb Counter: Outside of the physician’s office, patients with diabetes often struggle to monitor their condition. This app provides a food database for patients to track their consumption. It also allows physicians to monitor any fluctuations. The price is $6.99, but a lite version is available for free.
3. iCookbook Diabetic – Recipes and nutritional information plus health articles for people with diabetes: When it comes to cooking healthy, patients may need some inspiration. Developed by dietitians, this app provides diabetic-friendly recipes, as well as tools for meal planning and grocery shopping.
4. Diabetes in Check – With digital coaching from certified diabetes educators, patients can eat better, get active, and lower their blood sugar. This app provides constructive feedback as well as tools such as barcode scanners and meal planners, that will help them control their Type 2 diabetes.
5. Glucose Companion – This app is a handy blood sugar and weight tracker. It offers comprehensive monitoring of a patient’s diabetes, and it allows patients to present a complete log to their physician at their next appointment.
6. Blood Pressure Monitor – Family Lite: This app allows patients to monitor their blood pressure and weight on the go. It comes with a lifetime data visualization and statistics reporting. It also displays medication correlations.
7. HeartWise Blood Pressure Tracker – Monitoring blood pressure at home doesn’t have to be difficult for patients. This is the easiest application to use for recording blood pressure, resting heart rate, and weight. It also allows patients to import their existing records.
8. Mayo Clinic Health Community – This app provides access to an online health community, where patients can connect with and learn from other patients experiencing similar health issues. It offers a members-only discussion forum, as well as medical news and information from the Mayo Clinic.
9. Tummy Trends – Constipation and Irritable Bowel Syndrome Tracker: Patients can track their IBS symptoms, exercise habits, water intake, fiber intake and stress levels. An interactive graph allows them to share their report with their physician.
10. iCalcRisk – Encourage patients to adopt healthier lifestyles by calculating their cardiac risk. Physicians can use the visualizations in this app to show how they’re managing cholesterol, controlling blood pressure, and lowering their risk of heart attack.